What is it?
BNC Connector is a piece of software. It simply allows to exchange messages between separate browser windows.
- hidden iframe based access & shared workers (including "postMessage") - based on
window.open([...]) method for non-Webkit based browsers and using recent webkit release API shared workers + iframes solution (release from 06/2010), it simply combines ability of getting reference to hidden frames by calling
window.open([...]) method and passing
name argument of existing frame with exactly same name. It will work but heavily and can be limited in certain cases.
- cookie based messaging - a very few existing and weak implementations, in general a need of setup for all pages problem and implementations suffer from cookie size limitations (and not only), mostly used for notification rather than for data transfers
"Once upon a time at home ..."
Once upon a time at evening I have decided to properly brake the famous browsers communication problem and as a result you have landed in here.
I have created implementation of BNC networks model with simple TCP/IP layer, that as transport packet it will use browser's cookie object.
BNCConnector currently supports:
- Simple TCP/IP
- Multiple senders
- Network errors handling for lost packets or timed breaks
- Performance settings
- Partial multicasting for presence announcing
- All cookie based browsers (including mobile devices etc.)
- Default bandwith up to 10Mb/s - tested at average PC, also varies on settings,
- ... will add more if have time
- coming: cross domain solution
Please use forum for comments and requesting extras.